Monday 17 January 2011

H{ippity} Hop Monday: Hello I love you....

Hello There,

Well this is my 3rd attempt a starting {and keeping!}  a blog...which is good actually as 3 is my lucky number! Let's just hope the 3rd time is a charm as I really do enjoy looking at other peoples!

Well, as it turns out I am setting off with my new blog in style by joining in with an {Ippity} Stamps  Blog Hop!I first discovered {Ippity} only last week and love their stamps so much that I am hoping to become an 'Ippity Chick' next month...but more on that another time.

So...on to the hop and my project. Christmas has come and gone and Valentines Day is less than a month away {eeek!} Now, I am usually a leave it to the last minute type of girl but not this time....no siree! I decided that my new {Ippity} stamps were the perfect fit for a Valentines card and that I would strike whilst the Iron was hot so to speak!

Like many, I find making cards for the male species slightly challenging to say the least! I mean....how can anyone not appreciate ribbons and buttons * tut! *  Anywho, after a bit of head scratching and a lot of restraint...this is what I came up with...


The {Ippity} kit that I used was 'Because of You' I fell in love with this set the minute I clapped eyes on it and think it suits so many occasions!  I think 'Hello I Love You' is perfect for my other half...not too little and not over the top...just right!

I should at this point explain that my other half is Italian.  The main background 'paper' is a page from one of the millions of books I seem to have accumulated with the aim of learning Italian and have never used {whoops!} I have given it an aged look using the Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress ink. The page I chose depicts lots of different phrases to use when you meet someone or are getting to know someone so amongst all of these again, I think 'Hello I Love You' fits perfectly!



The patterned Paper is from American Crafts, the Red Card and ink is 'Real Red' is from Stampin' Up and the Kraft Card stock is from Eco Crafts

For the scalloped circles I used Nestabilities and then 'attacked' them with my Crop-a-dile to punch holes in each scallop. I then used 2 cream buttons and drew a mouth on using a technical pen to make 2 smiley faces


Finally,for the inside of the card i used The same paper from American Crafts and another of the stamps from the 'Because of you' set

That's it for this card...thanks for stopping by!

Jo

14 comments:

jennifer mitten said...

What a fabulous card!!

Elisabeth said...

OMGosh, I love it! Using that page from a book as background is inspired! Welcome to the {ippity} hop, glad you joined us!

stampjourney said...

So cute and clever!

Gardner's Basket said...

FABULOUS card!! Your sweetie is going to love it!

Kate said...

Fab card :0)
Another londoner i see....once you get some ippity theres no looking back i love them to bits my most used stamps.
Kate x

Anonymous said...

Fabby Job Jo!!!!

Lisa a

Mary Friederichsen said...

Great card!Love all theelemnts that you used. And using the crop a dile to punchthe scallops is so very clever and adds just the right touch! Adorable smiley faces as well!
Thanks for sharing!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Welcome to the hop...great card and those buttons are tooooo cute!

Patricia said...

So pretty!!

farmhouse-story said...

welcome to the hop, jo! love your bkgd paper--its so creative!

Banu said...

Very neat. Welcome to the hop :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

very cute cards!!!

Lynn said...

Using that book page for patterned paper=clever!!! I really like your blog header.

FibreJunky said...

Way to start off your blog!! Hope you join us for the hop again next week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...